setting

AVFD_works: SKETCHING THE PLAN _ Project 001

SKETCHING THE PLAN _ Project 001

Project 001a

SKETCHING THE PLAN _ church of Water by Tadao Ando


Church of Water _ Tadao Ando


Simplify geometry _ Church of Water


In this example, I try to keep it simple to understand how the constrain can work in the design process of Digital Project. Thus the decision to choose a project characterize by its geometry, I work with the Church of Water of Tadao Ando.


Plan construction

This plan is composed by two square of different sizes.  All the design turns around one measure and different geometrical relations. The main dimension is "a" which correspond to half of the side of the little square. I started to link every point or side of the squares through coincidence, mid points, perpendicularity, parallelism and relations between dimension through the use of formula. All these made the connection between both elements very strong.   

Geometry in Digital Project


Then I realized that the project became rigid so I started to eliminated some constraints. This make the project more dynamic, giving me a variety of geometrical outputs every time I modified dimension, points position or lines directions. 


Removing constrains 1



Removing constraints 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © AVFD_works Urang-kurai