setting

AVFD_works: KNOWLEDGE PATTERNS I _ Project 009

KNOWLEDGE PATTERNS I _ Project 009

Project 009

KNOWLEDGE PATTERNS I

This time Digital Project got rough but more efficient. This project is a simple way to put in practice all the knowledge from this week. We learn how to do a UDF. It is like a powecopy but more powerful.
It is like a recipe:
1- We have our file with a surface, an object...
2- We created the UDF using the death geometry of the original file
3- We created a catalog and we put our UDF in it.
4- We return to the original file and we used the product knowledge template to start scripting with a knowledge pattern feature.

We can manage our design through scripting and parameters making everything very dynamic.

I started my work really happy because I "have done" a big part of the work in class. I had my UDF, my catalog and in theory I only have to script. However that was just an illusion. The first result was a series of line not parallel to each other.


I realized that this happen because the lines that I am referencing have different directions. The problem was that I didn't know how to change the direction to make them be the same.

I decided to do all the work again from the beginning and it works!
It is important to do all the steps as in a recipe and be careful with the naming.

I reopened my A2 file with the surface



I copy my geometry in a new file and it died.


I created my curve with the three paramenters: curvenumber, curveposition and curveratio. An started to work in my UDF



I obtained my notepad with all the information that it is going to be my reference for the scripting part



After this I created a new catalog call D2 with the UDF call C2


Then I reopen A2 and create the same parameter used in the UDF


After this we are ready to script so I used the knowledge pattern feature to put all my information


At the end we obtain a surface with curve that the number of them can be modify using only the curvenumber parameter. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © AVFD_works Urang-kurai